Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Friday, December 16, 2011

Why Sharon White is awesome.

So yesterday is over.
I stuffed my face with Vietnamese food to make myself feel better.
It worked.
I am lucky to have a husband and people that listen to me whine on the phone when I am having a bad day.

Other then the motivation to get Beasts hocks done yesterday, I had one other shinning light to get me through.
MY AMAZING LESSON WITH SHARON WHITE.
I owe such a huge thanks to my friend Kim for pushing me to ride with her. Also watching local upper level rider Kelley Williams give the big names a run for their money helped persuade me to ride with Sharon. (She rides with Sharon)
Taking a lesson with her is like a quiet ass kicking.
I don't really know any way else to describe it.
She really is a person that has a little extra light to her, and she carries it and she shares it.
You can tell she loves this sport, and is genuinely interested and passionate about what she does.
Callie still struggles with a right drift. We have determined it's not as much a weakness as a habit. Sharon found a way to keep her straight, going through a grid, and we did it over and over and over!
My horse just went from level 2 of amazing to level 5.
Sharon used a couple different terms to work on my position and I got it!
I feel like I found the piece that has been missing!
Callie jumped some big girl fences and I saw a glimpse of her at the upper levels.
I like what I saw.
So here is a thanks to Sharon White.
I will try to tell her directly by riding my ass off and being the best I can. I will try to be as good of an instructor to my students as my instructors are to me. I will bring all the different explanations and and word choices to my students. I will try to bring a little piece of the light that Sharon gives me, to you!
I truly recommend her to anyone who rides and reads this blog.
She will tell you like it is, so if you are ready to try to be great, ride with her.
We can all be great.

PS. Beasty got her hocks done!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment