Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Friday, December 23, 2011

I have the best students ever!

All my students got together and got me a rain sheet for the girls.

It is Royal blue with yellow trim and white piping, and has "Red Hawke Eventing" on it. Beast wants to wear it at Fair Hill in the three day (cause you KNOW it will be raining) and Callie will do it when she does the one star at Plantation! (Another solid chance at rain!)

They also got me two new sets of boots for the horses.

Thanks you guys, you are the best! (Thank you to Rae for being such a great model)

In other horse news.....

Callie had the most amazing lesson ever yesterday. I am not kidding. She is moving like a different horse. I think this spring she will finally start getting the scores she deserves! Vanessa is the best, and I hope to get with Mara on the flat when we are in Aiken.

Beast jumped for the first time yesterday in FOREVER. That was quite the experience.

The first time she jumped, I almost fell off. Her rear end rocketed up in the air so high neither of us knew what happened. So I think the she realized her mechanics were working on a whole new level and got really excited. REALLY, REALLY excited. We zoomed around that ring like we were at games practice (much to my dismay).

I tried to jump a small 3'3'' oxer at the canter, which turned into a "I am not sure what just happened" but we were on landing side. I had to trot it so I could maintain some control. How funny is this? She felt so smooth over the jumps, gone was that pause and push she used to have.

The best part is I had no spurs on.

My mares are on fire. I will enjoy it while it is and expect it to be.

Wishing Little Ossi and Alison the happiest of birthdays!

Mags and I have a day of teaching, being tortured by Kari, walk hacks, and last minute preps for the big weekend!!!!



Mary Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment