Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Friday, December 30, 2011

Road trip


I have successfully played "angry birds" for 11 hours.
Seriously.
The sad part is we have only been driving for 8.
My man flu has not prevented me from smashing wood and glass with pudgy, explosive,  animated angry birds.
It also has not affected my appetite unless it has increased it.
Yesterday I ate miso soup, lipton soup, cheese, grilled cheese, ice cream, an eclair (thanks Katherine), and a fruit tart. I dont even know what tarts are, but I'm pretty sure I ate one.
I watched Real House Wives of New York for like 8 hours.

I'm an over achiever.

I have no voice still. I text Dave when I want something.

I probably should be ashamed of myself.
Poor Dave.
At least my catastrophe thinking went away.

Beast and I still have a future.
My eventing accomplishments have not been tainted or revoked. I may still make it to Rolex.
......
Just not if I have a head cold.
.......
I was thinking I could start a new blog called "confessions of a catastrophe thinker".

Back to todays road trip......
In between moments of full devotion to "angry birds" and distractions of Dave and Maggie talking (the man flu prevents all communication amongst the afflicted), I listened to the words of various songs.

"I want to play in an octopus's garden"?
I assume this is from the 60's.
Why were the Beetles allowed as role models?

Then Katy Perry was singing about "the one that got away."
Poor Russell. It sounded based on a true story.

I think we are in Toledo now. The past 24 hours is such a blur.
I can't wait to get to Nicky's house (Daves sister) and see everybody.

Maggie is being lazy and sleeping. She is full of chex mix. She didn't like the part where she rubbed the salt in her eye.
Silly baby.

I'm going to be full of night time Alka seltzer soon.
Ok, back to Angry Birds for me.

Then starting next week we will be back to the strictly professional blog that this should be.

Mary Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment