Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy

Today was just happy.
All of it.
I lunged Callie for about 15 minutes (spent mostly bucking and leaping) then put her in her stall to relax while I rode Beast.
Beasty and I hacked the grounds at Full gallop and checked out all the cross country.
She started to feel a little excited as I headed over to the water complex.
When I walked up to the lip, I wasn't sure what to expect from this mare.
She is often a bit slow and suspicious her first walk through the water this time of year. The last time we were at a water was at Virginia when she stopped and I pulled her up.

Well, she got to the edge and then splashed both front feet in like a little kid in a puddle!
Then she hurried in and pawed and splashed very happily.
We walked for another 30 minutes and did some light dress. She feels great.

Callie got ridden next. She had some amazing trot work and lulled me into a false sense of security.
When we started cantering, I was happy to have my grab strap on! She worked out of it quickly and settled down to do some stellar stuff.

Both girls went out then to their day time paddock and boy were they happy!
Beast was trotting SO FANCY! She was snorting and leaping and Callie was mirroring her every move.

I cleaned all my tack, did all the other chores, chatted with a few folks and now here I am in my little townhouse typing away!
It is like 77 degrees out so I am off to watch some lessons in the sun................or fall asleep. What ever happens first.

I really feel like I belong here, like this is a step in my personal path that is right. I have to again thank my amazing husband who I adore and am so in love with.
With out him none of this would be possible.

All of my students, you all rock. Also with out you, I could not be doing this.


OK I have some bettering of myself to do.
I will put up more photos later.

No comments:

Post a Comment