Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Saturday, February 18, 2012

What a great couple of days it has been.
Super busy, but a blast!
Thursday my horses got the day off and had a pedicure. I can not express how awesome their feet look.
I genuinely didn't know Beast could have feet like this. I am so lucky to have a farrier that does such a good job and more importantly CARES. Kevin is constantly on the search for knowledge and it shows.
Friday was a day of traveling.
Mags went to Dina's in New Market to spend the day with her friends.
From New Market I went to Mt Airy to get acupuncture (my acupuncturist is another AMAZING member of my team.... http://www.corywalsh.com/bio/ ).
After acupuncture, it was off to Darenth to teach Sharon (she rode beautifully).
Then I headed to the gym for a work out with Kari. Kari is yet another AMAZING member of my team, Kari is currently doing an awesome certification for personal training with equestrians! It sounds amazing, it is super detailed and based out of California.
Then off to teach Heather. Heather and Bolter are doing really well. We have found the secret to his canter!
I swung by home after Heather's lesson for a snack, then off to "A Bit Better"!
I had two lessons with Vanessa. My mares are ready to rock out.
Then off to teach Court and her wonderful gelding, then Rachel, and finally Lisa!
All three ladies impressed me.
I love days like these. It all went so smoothly, I knew I was doing just what I should be doing with my life right now.

Today miss Beasty and I had the best jump school EVER. A huge thanks to Kim for helping me. It was really nice to have a set of really highly trained eyes on the ground.
Beast did clear a good 6 feet today (the jump was only 3'3'') and the coolest part?

I didn't even cuss! :)

I am finally finding a really secure place on that horse where I can just go with her! (Thanks Kari for kicking this butt into shape)
Beast is really happy about her body parts working, her tummy feeling good, and the lymes stuff out the window (fingers crossed).

It is a little scary at this level to trust my self. Only I know what I feel. I spent a good chunk of money getting this little grasshopper of a horse feeling this way. I am so damn glad it was all worth it. All worth it and THEN some.

As I do the final preparations to head to Aiken I do feel a bit sad.
I am not going to see Maggie for a good two weeks and that thought seems overwhelming.
I will miss Dave so very much. (So excited that he is driving down with me though!!!! He is able too because the Fabry family ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Dave and Mags will be visiting Aiken and then staying with me!
I am going to miss my students and my family at Darenth so much.
I really do love everyone at Darenth and I am already excited about my homecoming at the end of March.

Kari and Sharon will be getting Summer ready for me. Next year she might be getting clipped for Aiken!!!! ;)

Time for burritos, family time and "The Voice".

No comments:

Post a Comment