Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Wednesday, February 8, 2012




So this crazy week continues.
Maggie's little house of friends (her babysitter) has been canceled most of this week.
Dave told me to take it as a sign to have an easy week, ugh.
At first I ignored him but Dave is usually right so I decided to make the best of a surprise situation!
Maggie and I got a TON of cleaning done yesterday.
Toilets scrubbed, furniture re-arranged, dusting, laundry, you name it.....we did it.
Then Maggie came with me to lunge Beast and Callie.
I can't believe how successful this was.
She actually played in the corner of the ring as I lunged both of them!!!
When I lunged Beasty, Maggie would wander close to us and Beast would make her circle really small so she was close to me and Maggie could have extra room! It was so stinkin cute.
When I lunged Callie, Maggie was more tired, so she just sat quietly playing a game. When Maggie did distract me though, Callie would use the excuse to move a bit slower.
Dave met me at Kelley's so I headed to Darenth to teach some amazing students!
Ameriah did an amazing job with a very agreeable and star jumper, Buckshot.
Hunter and Fance looked awesome (as always).
Hannah did a great job with Harmony. Harmony deployed all distraction maneuvers....spooking, speeding, and sideways, but Hannah prevailed with patience!
Piper and Taylor looked like future young rider champions!


In some good news of my current Thyroid obsession, Callie's appear to be getting smaller.
She has been on 2 tsp of iodine infused salt once a day for about 2.5 weeks now.
I saw that the grain that she eats (FCA's racing blend) has salt in it so after I freaked out, I made awesome Margret Rizzo ask the lady she knows at the "Farmers Coop" if the salt has iodine in it.
You will all be thrilled to know it does not.
You will also be thrilled to know that the "Himalayan Rock salts" do NOT have added iodine. At least the ones from Hiton Herbs do not.
From my understanding, this does not mean that there is no iodine present in natural salts, just trace amounts that do not amount to enough to be noted.
Iodine is an important thing.
Not too much, not too little......just another wonderful thing to take up space in ones busy brain.
It is a necessary thing for the body to have. A lack of the CORRECT amount of iodine can lead to all kinds of things from ovarian cysts to depression!

Maggie and I have the day off today.
I suppose some more cleaning and organizing is in store, along with a break at the gym.

The next week is busy with riding and lessons (both teaching and taking).
The Jimmy Wofford clinic is next week at Waredcaca (he is suppose to come every month). If you have any interest in going or want any more info, you can email Liz at Waredaca. Her email is on the website, or I would be happy to give it to you.

Saturday is both the dressage show at Playland and the jumper show at Serra Valley farms.
Team Red Hawke will be attending both.
REPRESENNNNNNNNNNNNNT!
Sunday I will hopefully be riding Fiesta! I haven't ridden her in over a month and I have missed her!!!!
She has to get a little brush up before making the trek to Aiken with me.
She will hopefully be making her debut in Aiken, if she tells us she is ready!

Team UmiZoomi is almost over. Time for phase 2 of this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment