Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Mary and (the perfect) Beast

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happy

The last two days have been super busy, and awesome.
Beasty flat schooled yesterday and after being very wound for the first 15 minutes, we had some very obedient work. She did a canter set on Sat, had Sun off, so not so shabby for a hay bale thief.
Today the little rocket had a lesson with Mr. Bradley himself.
We started out show jumping (she was pretty much perfect) and then headed out XC.
We jumped right into it with a smaller table, medium then some bigger stuff.
Oh Beasty, how you can fly.
We did the water complex and did it pretty darn well.
Stephen reminded me politely that perhaps I should "sit" to my fences cross country.
I started laughing so hard. OF COURSE I SHOULD!!!! I am not sure what I was doing, but I got just the tune up I needed.
What a blast!

Callie ......wait for it.......... went for a long hack yesterday.
I stalked some people and joined them on their hack. Callie was a little angel!
It made me so happy!
Today she jammed out on the cross country. She did Training level questions, trakheners, bank complex, water drops, all with ease and man was she a happy horse. She is getting all shiny and round (well as round as a Callie can get).

Fiesta did light dress yesterday (such a nice mover) and today she hacked around and got to look at all the things she will be jumping soon!

Tomorrow Katherine and her two boys come, and Friday Alison comes!!!!

I have lessons with Steve-o on Thursday and Friday then we are going to walk courses Friday afternoon.
Beasty competes this weekend, then both girls next weekend.

Fiesta will do a combined test next week and aim for her beginner novice debut!!!!!

I have found the coolest book here in my little house. It's all about yoga and meditation and stuff. I have my "mind gym" book, and some other stuff to read as well.
There hasn't been a whole lot of time to read, but when there is, it has been nice.
I like having had a week of alone time. At first it was sort of awkward. Like I had awkward silence with my self. Then I kind of annoyed myself, like on the hour drive to Pine Top. Now I have made up with my self and I am getting along well.
I'm kinda cool actually.
That's how I should introduce my self to other people....In the third person and then tell them that I am cool.
That would definitely help in the friend department.

I am faithfully doing the work outs that Kari sent me. She told me at the email that we could change anything I wanted to.
I hate the work out, all of it. It all hurts so I guess that means I don't want to change a thing. ;)
I can use my new yoga state of mind to remain calm while I do things that hurt like child birth.

OK, me and myself are going to do a little competition calender for Fiesta pants.
Talk soon.
Thank you Katie C and Julia for the update emails on your horses.
The rest of you are delinquent. I am still a busy body 500 miles away and would like to know how things are going.
Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment